The New 2018 F-150 is now available at Ford Alghanim
The New 2018 F-150 is now available at Ford Alghanim
America’s Best-Selling Truck for 41 Consecutive Years
Ford Alghanim, the only authorized dealer by Ford Motor Company, has officially launched the newly engineered 2018 F-150 pickup truck this month. The F-150 is part of Ford’s F-Series truck line-up and is a true testament to Ford’s 100 year truck heritage and leadership. The truck has been America’s best-selling truck for 41 consecutive years and the best-selling vehicle for 35 years. Ford’s F-150 has also received the 2018 Motor Trend Truck of the Year award.
- Tougher design with bolder Built Ford Tough styling and high-strength, military-grade, aluminum-alloy body and box
- New, best-in-class six-ton tow rating due to more powerful, efficient engine offerings featuring standard Auto Start-Stop and expanded availability of segment-first 10-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission
- Class-exclusive Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection and adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go functionality to assist drivers in congested traffic
“The F-Series has been one of the world’s best-selling trucks for four decades, and the new F-150 is even tougher, even smarter and even more capable for work and play,” said Jacques Brent, president, Ford Middle East and Africa. “Greater functionality and smart technology innovations, with engines with best-in-class towing, delivers on Ford’s promise to give full-size truck customers in the Middle East even more value.”
New Powertrain Lineup for Available Best-In-Class Towing
The new pickup presents the F-150’s most advanced engine offerings ever.
An enhanced 5.0-litre V8 naturally-aspirated engine features significant upgrades for 2018 including advanced dual port and direct-injection technology for more horsepower (395hp*) and additional torque (555Nm). Spray-on bore liner technology also featured in the Shelby GT350® Mustang has been added to squeeze out even more weight from the aluminum block. For the first time, the V8 is paired with the 10-speed SelectShift automatic.
For best-in-class towing, the second-generation 3.5-litre twin-turbo EcoBoost V6 delivers roughly six tons of towing capacity when equipped with the optional Trailer Tow feature. With maximum torque of 578 Nm, the new 3.5-litre V6 EcoBoost beats all diesel and petrol-powered competitors, including V8 engines with nearly twice its displacement. With dual port and direct-injection technology, the 375hp* twin-turbo engine provides ideal low-end and peak engine performance for hauling heavy payloads and towing heavy trailers.
Even the all-new 3.3-litre V6 engine (delivering 290hp* and 356Nm torque) is more efficient, more powerful and delivers more torque to get the job done, compared to the previously standard 3.5-litre V6. Plus, the now standard 3.3-litre provides a five per cent power-to-weight ratio improvement versus the 2014 F-150 featuring steel body and 3.7-litre V6 – with better fuel economy and performance based on EPA-estimated ratings.
Raising the Bar through Segment-Exclusive Materials & Technologies
The new F-150 continues to offer a segment-exclusive combination of advanced materials that have proven durability through extensive real-world performance and inhibit corrosion. A high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloy body and box saves weight and adds capability coupled with a high-strength steel fully-boxed ladder frame.
The 2018 F-50 further advances the light-duty pickup truck market with segment-first and class-exclusive technologies that improve productivity, efficiency and driver confidence, while keeping occupants connected to the world around them. Technologies include:
- New segment-first enhanced adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go functionality, available to allow drivers to set a cruising speed. The system then uses radar and camera technology to monitor traffic ahead to maintain a set distance between vehicles – even following a vehicle down to a complete stop
- New segment-first Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection, available to help drivers avoid or mitigate collisions with other vehicles and pedestrians
- New B&O PLAY audio system available, offering high-end speakers, sound and tuning for a richer, more engaging listening experience
Existing segment-exclusive driver-assist and convenience features include:
- Available Pro Trailer Backup Assist, allows F-150 drivers of various skill levels to steer a trailer instinctively using a centre console-mounted dial to back-up a boat launch or park in a driveway
- Available Blind Spot Information System with trailer coverage technology, optimized for F-150 to include up to 33 feet of trailer length; BLIS® uses radar sensors in the tail lamps to monitor areas that may not be visible to the driver around the truck and trailer
- Available 360-degree camera technology, helps improve driver confidence when parking and can help reduce stress when connecting a trailer – allowing customers to see more so they can focus on specific tasks such as lining up a hitch
- Available lane-keeping system, designed to help reduce drifting of the truck outside its intended lane
Ford’s new 2018 F-150 is tougher, smarter, and more capable than ever.
All customers interested in Ford vehicles are welcome to visit the Ford Alghanim New Vehicle Showroom, Service and Spare Parts Center in Shuwaikh’s Industrial Area, opposite from the Classical Car Museum and Sirbb Circuit or call 1898900.